Eggs Benedict Casserole
1 (12 oz) pkg English muffins, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 (6 oz) pkgs. Canadian bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
6 large eggs
2 ½ cups milk
½ tsp. dry mustard
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
Quick Hollandaise (recipe below)
Chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Combine muffin pieces and Canadian bacon in a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
2. Whisk eggs and next 4r ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over muffin mixture. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
3. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Bake casserole at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 more minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Drizzle squares with Quick Hollandaise sauce: sprinkle with chives (optional).
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
Dash of ground red pepper
¾ cup butter
1. Process first 4 ingredients and 2 Tbsp. water in a blender until smooth.
2. Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat until melted and bubbly. (do not brown)
Turn blender on high (with blender lid on and center cap open), immediately add hot butter in a slow steady stream,
pouring through center cap opening. Process until thickened.